The mission of Rocky Mountain Memory Center is to provide exceptional diagnostic assessment and rehabilitation services for cognitive weakness, memory loss and related behavioral changes. Our goal is to maximize one’s independence and quality of life at every stage of the aging process by providing education on successful aging, community referral and support to the patient and family.
RMMC offers evaluations and therapy to target the most common sources of immediate memory loss in adults.
Memory Loss May Indicate:
- Normal age related memory changes or isolated memory impairment not amounting to dementia, but whose progress can benefit from monitoring.
- Treatable conditions, such as mood disorders, sleep apnea, metabolic or hormonal irregularities, infectious disease, nutritional deficiencies and medication interactions.
- Presence of poorly controlled lifestyle disease (e.g. hypertension, high cholesterol, heart problems, obesity and diabetes) which left untreated can increase one’s risk for brain inflammation, TIA and stroke.
- Signs of progressive neurological disease, (e.g. Parkinson’s or M.S.) with early detection and treatment associated with better prognosis.
- Progressive neurodegenerative dementia (e.g. Alzheimer's or Lewy body disease) with certain medications often delaying or stabilizing the progression of symptoms if administered early in the disease process.
Strategic thinking, brain wellness and mindfulness training can be a real asset to overcoming short term memory loss. Knowing how to employ compensatory learning strategies, relying on daily routines and avoiding behaviors with negative outcomes can reduce problems associated with distractibility, forgetfulness and disorganization.